Sunday, June 26, 2011

"HYDRATE FREDDY, CADET!"

“Hey PAO you look like shit…”
      See, I knew I’d drop the ball on blogging eventually.  This week, to say the least, was crazy busy.  I spent two full days back to back at the indoor pool desperately trying to snap the perfect shot for the two stories I was covering in there.  I even pulled another photog in for assistance and it became a little competition, which he won. 
      I ordered a new lens, to have it in my possession for the full first day of Charlie’s arrival (didn’t use it) and had to return it do to needing the funds for my 200 zoom’s replacement as it has decided it can no longer reach past 70. (For those of you who don’t speak Camera, this is vair bad.) I managed to find a sweet deal on an upgrade from the original 55-200 4-5.6 to a 70-300 4-5.6 for only about $60 more than simply replacing the previous one would have been, so I have something to be happy about today.
As for the past couple of days, I’ve spent it circling rooms seeking out new angles and different bored faces as the Charlie Copperheads went through lines upon lines upon lines of loooooong boring in-processing.  The most emotion I saw was on the faces of the Drill Sergeants, who get free rein during the first three days to be as mean as they please.  I’ve made fast friends with most of the Cadre.  A few shuffle over to me as soon as I arrive at an event, asking if I have anything good of them yet.  There are two who glare poison-tipped daggers at me every time I walk past, but that’s just part of the job.
      I’m afraid this blog isn’t even close to reflecting how excited I am to finally have my company here, but I’m so exhausted, and today was just a horribly dull, disastrous, stretch of a Sunday.  I’m longing to get to sleep, and wake up nice and early for the Educator’s visit (bleck) and finally my Cadets’ first day in the field.

"Hydrate Freddy!"  I won't ruin the story, as it will be posted on the LTC website next week, but I got a couple shots of a Cadet whose little brother sabotaged his rucksack.  You guys will have to pay attention and read the story, and I'll try to remember to give you the gory details once it's published.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya.com