Sunday, June 19, 2011

Days 13-14: "True or False: Are you presently wrapped in a tamale?" - Caitlin -

Day 13-14: “True or False: Are you presently wrapped in a tamale?” - Caitlin
    Friday was in-processing for Bravo Company, covered by writer Tom, photog Dorothy, and vid Desirae.  The latter of the two were bombarded upon exiting the bus with the cadets Friday morning on their roadtrip back from the airport by overzealous Drill Sergeants, screaming in their faces to do something or other cadet-y. They said they were so scared they didn’t know what to do, and it makes me wonder how I would react in the same situation.  I wonder if I’ll find out…
    Not a lot to chat about today, fun little cookout with the PAOs on Saturday evening, after a full day of procrastinating doing my free lance work via cleaning and gymming - a productive day nonetheless.  We wondered around wal-mart before reporting to the man-made lake overpopulated with geese and underpopulated with grills for dinner.  LT Nicholson, whom we are not supposed to call “LT” but we do anyway, kept teasingly muttering to his fellow LT about how unorganized civilians are. “They don’t plan, they just execute.”  I thought about telling him how many miles of military guys I know who can’t plan worth a piss, but instead I decided to seek out charcoal (which I failed to find). We joked around, hanging out while we waited for the LTs to cook our food (they think they outrank us - oh silly boys).  Afterward, we took two hours to venture the forty minute drive to Louisville, wandering about aimlessly (there’s that execution thing again), looking for places that would allow 18+ in while the rest of us could still drink.  We finally settled on an abandoned Italian bistro, where Nicholson convinced the staff to play Master P and we pushed the tables aside to frolic around to “Two Step” - both the “hip hop” version and the country.  It was a fun night, and I’m looking forward to going back with them again.
    Here’s a few extra shots that didn’t make publication from TDC and the DS story. Actually, I’m throwing in a few that got in too. Why? Because I can, dammit.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya.com